Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Toowoomba to Ipswich
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Toowoomba families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families from Toowoomba to Ipswich than probably any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
Our removalists understand that every move has unique requirements. Hence, we plan every move individually and each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.Having several great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades, we regularly celebrate staff anniversaries. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love celebrating those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Toowoomba and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. As the leading provider of moving solutions in Toowoomba, Whybirds has earned a reputation for providing reliable, cost-effective removals and storage solutions for local residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Toowoomba to Ipswich
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Toowoomba to Ipswich is about 90km. Your goods will be transported on a truck from Toowoomba to Ipswich. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians love to move in the summer. Most home sales, job moves, and business moves are concentrated between November and February. Due to this spike in demand, moving companies throughout the country are forced to raise prices by at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, which is why we prefer to park as close as possible to your home.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Some items you have may require an extra bit of help. Stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. When you book early, you are more likely to get a better deal from any quality moving company.
To give you an idea of cost, a 25-30 cbm move from Toowoomba to Ipswich is likely to be around $80-$90 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Toowoomba to Ipswich Removals?
If you’re currently in Toowoomba, you probably heard about the different origins of its name. Some believe that it is a variation on “woomba woomba” which means “reeds in the swap”, whilst some locals say that it was derived from the Aboriginal word “Tawampa” which means “swamp”.
Whether you’ve been living in Toowoomba since childhood or have spent a few years in the city, you may have participated in some activities organised by the council and private organisations to celebrate the annual Carnival of Flowers. It is also during this time that the streets come alive and locals/visitors are welcomed by a vibrant display of colourful flowers on the streets.
Whilst there are plenty of places to visit and activities to try, there’s a possibility that you’ll find reasons to continue life somewhere else. Let’s get to know your new city.
Ipswich is the oldest provincial city in Queensland. The city was called “Limestone Hill” by convicts who were employed to quarry limestones. It was renamed in 1842 after then-Governor Gipss saw the drawing of the town plan. Whilst the reason for choosing the name was not confirmed, Henry Rous (the second son of Viscount Dunwich, the Earl of Stradbroke) reputedly said that the name was chosen because it reminded him of Ipswich, England.
Aside from its rich culture and history, there are plenty of things you can try to help yourself adjust to your new home and city. When you’re not too busy, take a walk through Queens Park, experience a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony, join a historic “Top of Town” tour, enjoy a meal at the Dovetails Restaurant, and visit the local markets.
Your move from Toowoomba to Ipswich
Will see you moving 90km. Toowoomba and Ipswich Removals may be considered as “local moves” due to the short distance and travel time it takes to complete the move. Depending on the size of your home and the services you have requested for your removal plan, the uplift will be likely completed within one day, before our trucks drive to your new address to deliver your belongings according to the agreed removal timing. If your new residence can’t accommodate all your belongings or you’re planning on moving back to Toowoomba, consider leaving some items for storage in Toowoomba for safekeeping and take them back when you’re ready.
Whether you’re moving to Ipswich for better employment opportunities (or to be closer to the office) or school options or just a change in scenery, you can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Toowoomba by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Ipswich to Toowoomba
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Ipswich to Toowoomba instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Toowoomba.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Buy Moving Boxes Toowoomba
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Toowoomba to Ipswich
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Toowoomba to Ipswich
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Toowoomba to Ipswich
The distance is 90 km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 1.5 hours.
Furniture Storage Toowoomba
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Toowoomba to Ipswich
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. You’re not going to need this service for your move to Ipswich, but if your pet is coming from somewhere else, we can help with that!
Fun Facts about Toowoomba
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Toowoomba.
Fun Facts about Ipswich
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Ipswich, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!