partner login

Moving to South Australia

Quick Quote

Moving to South Australia?

South Australia is listed as one of the most liveable places in the world. With world-famous wine regions a short drive from Adelaide, the rugged Flinders Ranges and the raw beauty of the Murray River, wherever your final South Australian destination leads you, Whybirds will take care of everything.

Removals Guide

Call us on 1300 653 884

Whybirds international Removals is Australia's oldest independent removal company in Australia and handles around 2000 inter-intrastate and local relocations annually.

With depots in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville and Mount Isa and as proud members of the AMG group, we cover the whole of Australia. We've been helping people with relocating to and from Australia for more than 160 years and have an unrivalled reputation for helpful, professional and reliable removals to and from Australia. Wherever in Australia you are moving, you can be sure we’ll deliver your belongings safely, securely and on time.

Australian Furniture Removers Association

Only members of AFRA that have successfully completed and passed the accredited training requirements can arrange insurance. We advise that our employees are accredited and approved to arrange insurance as our company is an Authorised Representative of Cowden (Vic) Pty Ltd – Australian Financial Services Licence No. 245658 a licensed Insurance Broker

Australian Movers Group

Australian International Movers Association


I am only moving a few items, do I need insurance?

Even if you are only moving a few boxes, you should still consider taking out insurance.

Can I be insured if I pack my own boxes?

Because your belongings have not been packed by a removalist, our policy excludes the contents of these cartons in the event of any damages/breakages. Owner packed cartons can only be insured for Restricted Cover, which provides cover for the following risks only:

  • Fire and explosion
  • Lightning or flood
  • Overturning and/or derailment of conveyance
  • Collision of vessel, aircraft or conveyance
  • Crashing or forced landing of aircraft; stranding, sinking, or contact of vessel with any external object other than water Entry of water into any vessel, hold, container, lift, van or place of storage.

Non-delivery of owner packed cartons is limited to AU$500 unless an itemised valued list of contents is supplied prior to the commencement of the transit.

Should I take insurance while my possessions are in storage?

Yes. We can arrange an extension of your transit insurance to cover your belongings while they are in storage with us. The storage extension cover is available anywhere in Australia or for storage at any of our nominated agents worldwide.

I’m not sure I should bother with insurance.
Shouldn’t my home and contents insurance cover it? Or your insurance?

Ultimately, it is your decision. There are many circumstances for which we, as your remover, may not be liable to make good any loss or damage to your belongings; this is why we strongly recommend you take out transit insurance. If you think you don’t need insurance, you should ask yourself why you would insure your belongings in your house (where there is low risk), and not when they are moving – moving can be a high risk situation. You should certainly check with your home and contents insurer to find out if your existing policy covers the transportation of your possessions. Speak to your moving consultant, download our insurance documentation or contact us for more information.

Find out more about Insurance

Get a Quote Now