Moving to Queensland
Queensland is renowned for its great weather, laid-back lifestyle and friendliness of its people. With almost 7,000 kilometres of stunning coastline, long leisurely summers and mild winters, why would you want to live anywhere else? Choose the Queensland Removalists who knows the region like no other.
Queensland Removals Services
Call us on 1300 653 884
With depots in Brisbane, Cairns, Townsville, Mount Isa and Darwin, Whybirds Removals and Storage is also a proud member of the Australian Movers Group (AMG), and together cover all locations within Australia. We’ve been helping people with relocating to and from Australia for more than 160 years and have an unrivalled reputation for helpful, professional, and reliable interstate furniture removalists.
No matter where you’re moving in Australia, Whybirds Removals and Storage can provide you with a hassle-free move. Our team of experienced, professional Queensland removalists will assist you with the careful planning and preparation for every stage of your move. You may arrange a free in-home removalist consultation where our team can assess your needs and create a removal package tailor-fitted to meet your requirements.
MOVING TO BRISBANE
Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland. The city enjoys comfortably warm weather, with more than 300 sunny days every year. This creates an opportunity for locals and migrants to enjoy Brisbane’s beautiful historical landmarks, fine beaches, lively shopping arcades, thriving arts and music scenes, and busy bars.
The city gives off a relaxed vibe and its locals are generally friendly and welcoming. Brisbane is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. There are plenty of employment opportunities for both its residents and migrants. Several institutions also offer scholarship and internship opportunities for those who are interested.
Whether you’re a migrant moving to Brisbane or a resident who’s coming back home after a long time of living elsewhere, there are plenty of opportunities to look forward to and a lot of places and activities to enjoy.
Read more about Moving to Brisbane for more information about the city.
For hassle-free move to Brisbane, our expert local removalists in Brisbane are here to assist you from packing to transport. Get your free quote from our move consultants now.
MOVING TO TOWNSVILLE
Townsville boasts clear skies and sunny days for more than 300 days a year. This coastal city located in North Queensland is the perfect gateway to the wild outback and is close to the Great Barrier Reef. It has around 200,000 inhabitants and a good number of food, shopping, business, and housing establishment.
If you plan on moving to Townsville, here are some of the things that can help you prepare for the move.
Living in Townsville is much cheaper compared to its surrounding cities. The city boasts a strong sporting, vibrant arts, and cultural community and has great food establishments with Flinders St bars/cafes being a well-liked area for those of all ages. Finding a place to call home in Townsville won’t be a hard task with an array of options at affordable prices. It is also said that Townsville is in a stage of growth with businesses increasing in size, so if a new job is also on the cards, finding one shouldn’t be a hard task to master.
Get more information about Moving to Townsville.
Need help in relocating to Townsville? Our professional Townsville Removalists will make it easy for you! Request your free moving quote to get started.
MOVING TO CAIRNS
Cairns is a city where “the rainforest meets the reef”. You will find yourself surrounded by bustling markets, an abundance of cafe’s, shops, mountains and lush forest. Aside from having a good number of business establishments, this city is the gateway to one of the 7 wonders of the world in the Great Barrier Reef and home to breathtaking natural attractions like the Daintree Rainforest. Tourists are not the only ones who take a day or two to visit these World Heritage sites, they are also popular to the locals who are looking for something interesting to do during weekends.
If you’re moving to Cairns from capitals cities, you may be surprised by the sudden change of scenery and lifestyle.
Planning to move to Cairns? Read more about Moving to Cairns to help you decide.
MOVING TO IPSWICH
Ipswich is an urban region located in South East Queensland. Established as a mining settlement in 1827, it is the oldest provincial city in Queensland. Ipswich became a major mining centre and a strong manufacturing region, creating a lot of job opportunities for locals and migrants. It is now a multicultural city with residents coming from more than 160 countries, speaking 152 languages.
The city enjoys a subtropical climate, allowing its residents and visitors to enjoy the city’s long list of heritage-listed sites and historical buildings, as well as its modern shopping centres and well-equipped libraries.
Since the city is surrounded by larger cities and business districts, moving to and from Ipswich won’t be a problem.
Planning to move to or from Ipswich? Read more about moving to Ipswich.
Get in touch with our Ipswich Removalists to arrange your free move consultation.
MOVING TO MOUNT ISA
Famously known as the “Oasis of the Outback”, Mount Isa is a city located in Queensland’s Gulf Country. It serves as the region’s administrative, commercial, and industrial centre. Since its establishment in 1923, Mount Isa has been one of the most productive mines in the world. The city has vast mineral deposits and is known for producing copper, lead, silver, and zinc.
Mount Isa is home to the world’s third-largest rodeo and the artificial Lake Moondarra which serves as a source of drinking water and a location for watersports, recreation, and birdwatching.
Whether you’re an existing local or new to the town, there’s always an activity to try and a place to look for adventure in Mount Isa.
Learn more information about Moving to Mount Isa.
Our Removal Services
- Pre-move consultation – To determine your needs and establish what services you require, we will arrange for you to meet with one of our experienced moving consultants to discuss the details of your move. This includes what you can and cannot take, custom requirements (if applicable), insurance, and fees.
- Packing and Unpacking – Should you require assistance in packing your personal effects and other pieces of furniture, we have a team of professional furniture removalists who can help you. We use high-quality materials to make sure that your belongings are safe and secure during transport. Once the goods are delivered to your new location, we can also assist in unwrapping and unpacking your belongings.
- Local, Intrastate, and Interstate Moves – Whybirds Removals and Storage has a team of local, intrastate, and interstate movers who can help you prepare and move your belongings and personal effects to your new home or office.
- Storage Services – If you need more time to settle down in your new location, we can keep your belongings safe in one of our storage facilities. You can arrange for self-storage or short/long-term storage for your goods. This way you won’t have to worry about your possessions and leave you free to take care of other more important things. Then when you are ready we will arrange delivery of your stored items.
- Pet Services – We understand that most people treat their pets as part of their families. Hence, we provide a variety of pet transport services to make the pet’s move as safe and convenient as possible.
- House Cleaning – Bond or exit clean is one of the things that can draw out the moving process. If you arrange for a convenient cleaning service along with your moving package, we can coordinate with professional cleaners to take care of cleaning the place for you. This way, you can drive away once the uplift is complete knowing that your old home will be clean and presentable before the new residents move in.
- Relocation Services – With more than 160 years of experience in helping clients with their move, we understand that moving is not only about taking one’s belongings from one place to another. We also understand that aside from looking for a removalist, you have to look for a new home to move into, a new school for your children to attend, and will have to get familiar with your local area. To further help clients with their move, we offer a variety of relocation services including home search, school search, and even immigration requirements (if applicable).
Moving Locally or Inter-Intrastate
When you book your move with us, our hardworking team will make sure that everything is prepared and pre-arranged before the day of your scheduled move.
Whybirds Removals and Storage experts can assist in:
- Providing you with a detailed moving schedule, including a confirmation of dates for the services you booked;
- Assigning you with a Move Manager who will be your point-of-contact in our office to provide you with the best moving experience;
- Giving you insurance documentation, as well as providing factual advice to assist you in getting your transit insurance requirements completed.
Our partnership with AMG allows us to access and collaborate with independent movers around Australia. This helps operate with shared resources and a diverse range of modern equipment to provide you with a moving program that is best suited to your needs. From small support vehicles, removal vans to larger interstate vehicles, road trains, and containers, our team will work hard to provide you with a hassle-free move.
We offer secured storage facilities for those who are looking for a temporary interstate or international posting, a smaller property, or you’re moving out of your current and your new residence isn’t quite ready.
We will take care of your stored belongings, as much as we take care of the other items we move.
Rest assured that we will keep your belongings safe and in the best possible condition until you are prepared to take them to your new location.
All storage consignments are carefully packed into special containers that are sealed and stored in one of our facilities. These storage containers and warehouses are clean, dry, and secure. A full inventory of your possessions will also be provided.
On the day of the move, all items for storage are carefully categorised and are properly labelled before being loaded. Delicate items such as billiard tables, pianos, or large works of art are stored separately in purpose-built bays. Lounge suites and armchairs are enclosed in sealed protective covers and are stored separately.
Just like all AMG partners, Whybirds Removals and Storage manages a Border Force-bonded facility. Hence, security and consignment control procedures are strictly implemented in our storage facilities. Should you need to access your belongings, be sure to make arrangements with our staff before your scheduled visit.
Whybirds Removals also provide Self-Storage at competitive rates AMG storage facilities feature:
- Monitored alarm systems and security patrols are deployed to keep your belongings safe and in their best condition;
- Regular fumigation to ensure a clean and pest-free environment;
- State-of-the-art electronic consignment systems to make sure all your items are accounted for;
- Containerised storage is used to eliminate the risk of mixing your items with other consignments.
We take every precaution to protect your possessions during storage, transit and delivery. In addition, we can advise and arrange comprehensive insurance cover for your goods and will help you complete all the necessary paperwork.
Final Delivery Reinstatement
The final delivery of your items to your new location will be completed on your prefered date and time as stated in our delivery agreement. Pieces of furniture will be placed in the respective room you assign with basic reassembly to the pieces we’ve dismantled.
Should you require us to unpack the cartons, please let us know in advance. This may take several days to complete and deciding where everything goes can be overwhelming.
To make the move hassle-free, we can provide you with a team of experts who can take care of your unpacking for you. They can even get your entire home organised in just one day. Whether you’d like a little help with the kitchen or other priority areas or have the whole house unpacked for you, our Move Manager can arrange these things to save you time and reduce the stress of setting up your new home.
Planning Your Move
We believe that planning your move is essential. Hence, we start the moving process with an initial visit to your home, or with a telephone consultation. We’ll explain the entire removal process from professional packing, collection and shipment to final delivery and reinstatement of furniture and effects in your new home. Then, our team will provide you with a moving plan tailor-fitted to your needs.
Protection from Start to Finish
We have the knowledge, skills, and experience to professionally pack your belongings. Using our approved materials and recognised techniques, we provide the best protection for your items throughout the journey. Our packers are trained to follow the Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA) export packing standard – the highest in our industry. They are also familiar with using packing/moving equipment and techniques.