Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Ipswich to Townsville
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Ipswich families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way.
There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few :
- Whybirds move more families from Ipswich to Townsville than any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- Our repeat customer business is over 70% of what we do and continues to increase every year.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
Many great team members stay with the Whybirds team for decades, so we regularly celebrate staff anniversaries. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Ipswich and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, well-known for providing dependable and cost-effective moving solutions for Ipswich residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Ipswich to Townsville
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Ipswich to Townsville is about 1400 km. Your belongings (furniture and personal effects) will be transported via rail or truck from Ipswich to Townsville. In general, the longer the distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians, for whatever reason, prefer moving during the summer! Home sales, job moves, and business moves are mostly concentrated between November and February. Because of the spike in demand, moving companies face a strain on resources, which in turn leads to prices spiking by at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – There are times when preparing and moving bulky/heavy items may require an extra bit of help. Thinks like stone garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly and have our removalists take the appropriate equipment to safely move your belongings.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, we recommend booking at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. It is more likely that any quality removalist will give you a better price if you book as early as possible.
To give you an idea of cost, a 20-25 cbm move from Ipswich to Townsville is likely to be around $200 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Ipswich to Townsville Removals?
Ipswich, you’re familiar with stories about Ipswich being home to convicts because of it’s proximity to the Moreton Bay penal settlement. By 1830, many convicts who lived in the area were quarrying limestone. A limestone kiln was also built and produced around 300-400 baskets of lime per week. The lime produced in the area was then combined with mortar and was used to build the stone buildings in Brisbane.
The town was surveyed by Henry Wade in 1842, at the same time the area around Brisbane was opened to free settlers. After some time, coal was discovered at Redbank and there were around 50 mines in the area in 1843. The city’s rapid growth continued over the years and became the city that you know today.
Townsville was named after businessman and entrepreneur Robert Towns. Before Europeans arrived in the area, Townsville was home to the Wulgurukaba Aboriginal people. The city is one of the best gateways to the wild outback and the Great Barrier Reef. If you’re moving to Townsville, you will also be closer to Paluma Range National Park, the southern gateway to the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. Paluma is a great spot for BBQs, picnics, walking, or birdwatching. It is also home to Little Crystal Creek, which is known as the best swimming hole in Townsville.
Once you’ve settled in, you should plan to visit some of the most popular sites in Townsville to familiarise yourself with the place including The Strand, Queen’s Hotel, Flinders Street walk, Army Museum North Queensland, the Castle Hill Lookout, and many more. If you’re moving with your family, you can take the kids to Reef HQ, the largest living coral reef aquarium in the world.
Your move from Ipswich to Townsville
will see you moving 1400km. Although you’re moving in the same state, the distance or travel time from your old home to your new residence can hardly be considered a local move. The Whybirds team will get pack your items quickly and professionally, which can usually be done within one day for all but he largest homes. We’ll then ship your items to your new address and deliver your belongings on schedule. If your new residence can’t accommodate all your belongings or you’re planning on moving back to Ipswich, consider leaving your items for storage in Ipswich for safekeeping and take them back when you’re ready.
Whether you’re moving to Townsville for better employment opportunities (or to be closer to the office) or school options or just a change in scenery, you can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Ipswich by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Townsville to Ipswich
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Townsville to Ipswich instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Ipswich.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Townsville.
Buy Moving Boxes Ipswich
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information.
Backload Ipswich to Townsville
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Ipswich to Townsville
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Ipswich to Townsville
The distance is 1400km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 15.5 hours.
Furniture Storage Ipswich
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Ipswich to Townsville
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. You’re not going to need this service for your move to Townsville, but if your pet is coming from somewhere else, we can help with that!
Fun Facts about Ipswich
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Ipswich.
Fun Facts about Townsville
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Townsville, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!