Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Ipswich to Cairns
Whybirds was started in Queensland in 1857, and from the time of its founding has been family-owned and operated. With over 160 years of experience, Whybirds is the oldest moving company in Australia and one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Ipswich families can count on Whybirds to provide a reliable moving service that ensures the safety and security of their goods, and your family is well looked after every step of the way. There are many good reasons to trust your move with Whybirds, here are a few:
- Whybirds move more families from Ipswich to Cairns than any other removalist
- Investment in training our own teams of removalists, as well owning our own fleet of trucks and road trains gives us a huge door to door advantage over our competitors.
- Being family-owned and operated, Whybirds has been consistently supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions as long as the company has existed.
- Established in 1857, Whybirds has survived depressions, pandemics, two world wars, fires, dust storms, and floods, and is still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Our customers consistently send us wonderful reviews (please do check them out and see for yourself).
- We do a great jobs for our customers, which is why over 70% of our customers are using us for the 2nd or more time.
- Our core operations are in Queensland and Northern Territory, and we have teams all across the regions.
We plan every move individually, and our removals teams recognise that each move is unique. Each house removal plan is created to reflect the individual needs of each family, and the schedule on which you need to move.
We regularly celebrate staff anniversaries, with many great team members staying with the Whybirds team for decades. Awesome people are core to the success of our business, and we love to celebrate those milestones with our colleagues. Just read our reviews, and see how our people make a difference for customers just like you.
Whybirds has been servicing moves to and from Ipswich and different parts of Australia, partnering with other specialised service providers to provide quality moves for every family. Since it started operating, Whybirds has become the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, well-known for providing dependable and cost-effective moving solutions for Ipswich residents. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Ipswich to Cairns
Finding a moving company that offers the quality of moving service you need, at the time you need it, at the price that fits in your budget can be challenging. We’ve outlined a few key factors that will impact the price of your move in order to help you understand how you can potentially reduce your moving costs.
- Move Size – any removalist will estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). Your fridge is about one cubic metre, a queen sized bed is around 1.7cbm, and a small one bedroom apartment holds about 10cbm of items. A larger family home is typically going to be over 35cbm.
- Distance between houses – in this case, the distance from Ipswich to Cairns is about 1750 km. Your belongings (furniture and personal effects) will be transported via truck or rail from Ipswich to Cairns. In general, the longer the distance, the higher the cost.
- Seasonality – Australians prefer moving during the summer. Home sales, job moves, and business moves are mostly concentrated between November and February. Because of the spike in demand, moving companies face a strain on resources, which in turn leads to prices spiking by at least 10% during the summer months.
- Access – Our removalists can lift or trolley your things as far as needed, but of course, that takes longer, so our preference is always to be able to park as close to your home as possible.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – There are times when preparing and moving bulky/heavy items may require an extra bit of help. Heavy garden ornaments, pool tables, pianos, all might require an extra man to help with the lift. If you’re taking heavy and bulky items during the move, let us know in advance and we’ll staff it accordingly and have our removalists take the appropriate equipment to safely move your belongings.
- Early Booking – If you’re moving in summer, book at least two months ahead to avoid disappointment. Booking a month in advance is usually sufficient during the winter months. It is more likely that any quality removalist will give you a better price if you book as early as possible.
To give you an idea of cost, a 20-25 cbm move from Ipswich to Cairns is likely to be around $230-$250 per cbm. For larger moves, the price per cbm drops quickly as the volume increases.
What to expect with Ipswich to Cairns Removals?
If you’re currently in Ipswich, you may have attended one of the regular national and local events hosted by the town including the Ipswich Show, Ipswich Festival, Queensland Open Golf Championships, and many more. Aside from various events, Ipswich is also known for its architectural, natural and cultural heritage. It is also a melting pot of culture, with residents coming from 115 different ethnic backgrounds – speaking 84 languages.
During your stay, you may have also visited some of the preserved and operating historical buildings and homes, as well as one (or more) of its 6000 heritage-listed sites located in different parts of the town. Even though the town has a lot of great things to offer, there are times when you have to leave and continue somewhere else. If you’ve found better opportunities in the town you’re moving into, it’s great to learn some of the interesting facts about your new home.
Cairns is often the end of the line for thousands of backpackers who travel to the eastern coast of Australia. It was named Trinity Bay by Captain James Cook before it was renamed in 1876 after Sir William Cairns, Governor of Queensland. The area was home to the Yidinji Aboriginal people prior to European settlement. Cairns is home to the highest peak in Queensland. Mount Bartle Frere measures an elevation of 1,611 (5,285 ft). The world’s largest lava tubes are also found in the Undara National Park in the Cairns Region. These lava tubes are thought to have been formed around 190,000 years ago when huge volumes of lava spilled into a river bed travelling for 160 kilometres. Another interesting fact, Tropical North Queensland is the only place in the world where two UNESCO sites — the Great Barrier Reefs and the Daintree Rainforest — collide.
Your move from Ipswich to Cairns
Will see you moving 1750km. Although you’re moving within the same state, the distance or travel time consumed by the move can hardly be considered a local move. But no worries, our team will likely complete the uplift from your home in less than a day, then all goods will be delivered to Cairns. If you’re not staying in Cairns for a long time and you plan on returning to Ipswich after some time, putting your belongings in storage in our Ipswich warehouse is an option you can consider instead of taking everything with you.
Whether you’re moving to Cairns for better employment opportunities,r school options or just a change in scenery, you can rely on the Whybirds team to provide you with a quality moving experience. Once you are ready to get a quote or start talking with one of our move consultants, please feel free to contact our team of local movers in Ipswich by calling 1300 653 884, or start your free quote process here.
If the above wasn’t exactly what you’re looking for, then perhaps some of the site links below will help get you to where you need to be to continue planning your move. Or, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us on the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.
Removalists Cairns to Ipswich
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Cairns to Ipswich instead (Google works in mysterious ways!)
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Ipswich.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Cairns.
Buy Moving Boxes Cairns
If you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information
Backload Ipswich to Cairns
Backloads are often assumed to be a low cost way of moving. The costs are about the same, but with AFRA-certified moving companies, you will receive a better level of service. Why not reach out to one of our move consultants and get a quote for your move from us, and see if you’re really saving as much as you think!
Car Transport Ipswich to Cairns
Whybirds provides vehicle transport services throughout Australia for our moving customers, but we realise you’re not going to need it for this move unless your car is coming from somewhere else, click to learn more if your car is coming from further afield.
Distance from Ipswich to Cairns
The distance is 1750km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 19.5 hours.
Furniture Storage Ipswich
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Darwin to Brisbane
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs. To ensure your pet is well cared for, we only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies. You’re not going to need this service for your move to Cairns, but if your pet is coming from somewhere else, we can help with that!
Fun Facts about Ipswich
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Ipswich.
Fun Facts about Cairns
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Cairns, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!