Whybirds Removals – find a mover to trust with your move from Darwin to Cairns
As a successful, family-owned Australian removals business with over 160 years of experience, our heritage shows why we are one of the most trusted removalists in the country. Whybirds Removals & Storage offers a tailored service that ensures your family and your furniture are looked after every step of the way. Here are a few of the reasons to trust Whybirds with your move:
- Established in 1857, and still going strong after more than 160 years.
- Consistently great reviews from our customers
- Over 70% of our customers are repeat customers.
- Operations all throughout Queensland and Northern Territory.
- Removalists who have moved more families from Darwin to Cairns than anyone else
- Our own fleet of trucks and roadtrains traversing up and down the East Coast, and into the outback on a daily basis.
- Family owned and operated, and proudly supporting local community causes around the Queensland and Northern Territory regions
Every move is different, and our removals teams recognise this with removal plans that are created to reflect the uniqueness of every family that we move.
With Whybirds, you’ll discover that our people make the difference. Just read our reviews, and see what customers like you say about our amazing people.
Serving Darwin and surrounding areas for generations, Whybirds is the furniture removalist and furniture storage services provider of choice in the area, providing reliable and cost-effective solutions for Australians for well over 100 years. Our team is looking forward to hearing from you – let’s get started by helping you with a free quote today!
Cost of Removalist Darwin to Cairns
The cost of hiring a removalist is going to be one of the first questions you ask, and whilst the answer is not really that straight forward, we’d like to help you at least understand how you can manage those costs, and minimise them where possible.
Here’s a breakdown of they key factors that will influence the price of your move :
- Move Volume – we estimate this in cubic metres (cbm). A small studio apartment might be 5cbm, and a large family home is typically over 35cbm.
- Distance between origin and destination – in this case, the distance from Darwin to Cairns is about 2,400 km. We use rail on some lanes, and roads where that is not possible. In general, the longer that distance, the higher the cost
- Seasonality – Pricing across the country is always higher during peak season in the summer by at least 10%. Removalists across Australia are in high demand in the summer – they work long hours, weekends, and its tough work – and that inevitably means average costs are higher at that time of the year. For Darwin, that peak is even more pronounced.
- Access – If our moving trucks can’t park right by your property, then our removalists spend more time walking to the truck. That’s ok, but it means your move takes longer, and in some cases, we need to keep a staff member as security on the truck.
- Heavy and Bulky Items – Our removalists are strong, and have all the right gear to move your heavy items, but on some items they require an extra man (or more) to help them move it.
- Early Booking – If you book early, you’ll almost always get better pricing than if you book late. To avoid disappointment when moving in summer, book at least two months in advance. In the winter, one month is typically ok.
As an indication of cost, a 35-40cbm move from Darwin to Cairns is likely to be around $180-$200 per cbm. Pricing per cbm goes down quickly as volume increases.
What to expect with Darwin to Cairns Removals?
Named after famous British evolutionist Charles Darwin, Darwin serves as the main outlet for the live cattle export trade in between Australia and Southeast Asia. Whilst the city is famous for its wildlife and breathtaking nature parks, residents and visitors are always reminded to be wary of salties roaming in the area. A protected species since 1971, the population of saltwater crocodiles has increased to around 200,000. Although they are found in unusual places, rangers work hard to trap them before they pose a threat to people. If you’re leaving Darwin’ beautiful nature, and of course it’s salties, we hope you’re moving somewhere you can at least go for a nice swim on a sunny day.
Cairns is amongst the top choice of backpackers when ending their adventure. The city is one of the best gateways to the Great Barrier Reef and the World Heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest. Whilst you’re settling in, why not try going on an adventure and exploring Cairns’ beautiful nature parks and man-made attractions. If you’re not too keen on joining other tourists on the streets or nearby beaches, you can set off on your own (with your preferred company) to discover the beauty of Cairns. If you’re fond of swimming and other water activities, there are plenty of freshwater swimming spots in and around the city where you can enjoy the water without worrying about stingers or salties.
If you’re moving from Darwin to Cairns
you will be around 2400 km away from your old home. Our team in Darwin will complete your uplift in one day for most homes, and then ship your goods to Cairns. Our fleet of road trains plies the outback between Darwin and Cairns several times a week, hauling precious family memories the distance, taking several days to get there. If you’re on the road and see one of our road trains, give our long haul drivers a friendly wave – it can get lonely out there on Australia’s long roads and they’d love to wave back!
With Whybirds Removals & Storage, you can count on a hassle-free and reliable move to Cairns no matter why you are moving. You may contact our interstate movers in Darwin at (08) 8947 1922 for a quote or to discuss the details of your move with one of our moving consultants.
If all the information above wasn’t what you’re looking for, here are a few links and helpful bits of information….. Hopefully this helps you find what you’re looking for on our site
Removalists Cairns to Darwin
Click here if you were intending to search for Removalists Cairns to Darwin instead.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalist Darwin.
Click here if you’re searching for our main page for services for Removalists Cairns.
Buy Moving Boxes Darwin
if you’d like to get started with just buying some moving boxes, there’s a little more information on moving boxes here, or just reach out to us for more information
Backload Darwin to Cairns
We find a lot of customers asking for a backload, expecting that this is going to be a lot cheaper than a full-service move from a company like Whybirds, but it’s not always the case. You might be surprised how much you can save by contacting us and requesting a quote!
Car Transport Darwin to Cairns
Distance from Darwin to Cairns
The distance is 2,400km according to Google Maps, and it suggests that non-stop driving will take you about 26 hours.
Furniture Storage Darwin
Whybirds can store your furniture in our safe and secure purpose-built warehouses around Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dog Transport Darwin to Cairns
Let the Whybirds team take care of your pet transport needs (cats welcome too!). We only work with Australia’s best pet moving companies to ensure your pet is properly cared for.
Fun Facts about Darwin
Our customers live in interesting places, click here for top 10 fun facts about Darwin.
Fun Facts about Cairns
For our list of top 10 fun facts about Cairns, click the link!
If the above isn’t what you’re looking for, just click on our chat tool, ask your question, and we’ll get back to you by sms or email as soon as we can!